Your Next Uplevel: You Don't Have to Become Someone Else
Continuing the journey of Aligned Living
In my last blog, “52 & Aligned: An Invitation to Reimagine Your Life,” I invited you to pause and ask yourself some bigger questions.
Where am I?
Where have I been?
What do I want next?
What would it look like to intentionally create the next chapter of my life?
Since then, I've been thinking about another question:
What if the next step isn't simply setting bigger goals—but becoming the version of yourself who is ready to live them?
That's where I believe upleveling comes in.
What Does It Mean to Uplevel?
Upleveling doesn't mean becoming someone else.
It doesn't mean your current self isn't good enough.
And it certainly doesn't mean waiting until you're thinner, richer, more successful, healthier, or more accomplished before you allow yourself to enjoy your life.
In fact, I believe the opposite.
You can love where you are and still be excited about where you're going.
That's something I'm learning in my own life as I step into Kat 5.2.
I'm 52.
I like how I look.
I'm proud of the work I've done.
I feel good about the woman I've become.
And…
I'm not done yet.
I don't want to spend the next chapter trying to become a younger version of myself.
I want to become the healthiest, strongest, wisest, most energized and most aligned version of the woman I am today.
That's my uplevel.
And maybe yours looks completely different.
Your Uplevel Is Yours
We often hear the word “goals” and immediately think about accomplishments.
Lose weight.
Make more money.
Get the promotion.
Start the business.
Buy the house.
Travel more.
Check the next thing off the list.
But what if we looked at our lives differently?
Instead of asking only:
“What do I want to accomplish?”
What if we asked:
“What do I want to experience?”
“How do I want to feel?”
“Who do I want to become?”
“What kind of life would feel meaningful to me?”
Your next uplevel might be physical.
You may want more strength, energy, mobility, vitality or better habits.
It might be mental.
Maybe you're ready to challenge the beliefs that have kept you small.
It might be emotional.
Maybe it's time to create healthier boundaries, release old patterns or learn to treat yourself with more compassion.
It might be relational.
Perhaps you're ready for relationships that reflect the person you're becoming.
It might be professional or financial.
Maybe there's a business, career, purpose or dream inside you that's asking for your attention.
Or perhaps your next uplevel is simply more joy.
More adventure.
More freedom.
More experiences.
More living.
There is no universal definition of an upleveled life.
That's the point.
You Don't Have to Wait Until You're “Ready”
Here's something I've been learning:
We can spend an awful lot of time waiting.
Waiting until we're healthier.
Waiting until we lose the weight.
Waiting until we have more money.
Waiting until the kids are older.
Waiting until work settles down.
Waiting until we feel confident.
Waiting until everything is perfect.
But life doesn't work that way.
There will always be another reason to wait.
So what if we stopped waiting to become the person we want to be…
and started practicing being her now?
If you want to be healthier, make one choice that supports your health today.
If you want more adventure, create one opportunity for adventure.
If you want more confidence, practice showing up before you feel completely confident.
If you want stronger relationships, begin communicating differently.
If you want more freedom, start examining what is currently controlling your choices.
The uplevel doesn't begin when you arrive.
It begins with the choices you make today.
This Is Where Aligned Living Comes In
Aligned Living isn't about creating a perfect life.
It's about creating greater congruence between what you value, what you want, who you're becoming, and how you're actually living.
It's asking:
Does the life I'm living support the life I'm envisioning?
And when the answer is no, we don't need to judge ourselves.
We get curious.
What needs to change?
What needs to be released?
What needs more attention?
What new habit, belief, boundary or action would move me closer?
That's the work.
And sometimes the answer is surprisingly simple.
Sometimes it's a walk.
A better night's sleep.
A nourishing meal.
A difficult conversation.
A boundary.
A new thought.
A new experience.
A decision to stop putting yourself last.
A willingness to ask for help.
Small choices can create significant change when they are repeated consistently.
Your Next 365 Days
This is why I created my Your Next 365: An Aligned Living Guide.
Because I don't believe we need another list of resolutions that we abandon a few weeks into the year.
I believe we need space to pause, dream, reflect, and get honest with ourselves.
To ask:
What do I really want?
What matters to me now?
What am I ready to release?
What am I ready to create?
Who am I becoming?
And then…
What is my next aligned step?
You don't need to know exactly where the next 365 days will take you.
You simply need a direction.
And the willingness to adjust as you grow.
Because alignment isn't a destination.
It's a practice.
So… What's Your Next Uplevel?
I want you to imagine yourself one year from now.
Not a perfect version of yourself.
Not someone else's version of success.
You.
But a little more aligned.
A little stronger.
A little wiser.
A little more intentional.
A little more free.
A little more alive.
What does that woman look like?
How does she feel?
What does she believe?
What has she stopped tolerating?
What has she started doing?
What does she make time for?
What does she finally give herself permission to experience?
And then ask yourself:
What is one thing I can do today that moves me toward her?
That's your next uplevel.
And you don't have to wait for a new year, a new month, or some perfect future version of yourself.
You can begin today.
Because you are allowed to love who you are…
and still become more.
You are allowed to celebrate how far you've come…
and still dream bigger.
You are allowed to be proud of this version of you…
and still wonder what the next version might be capable of.
That's Aligned Living.
And that's the journey I'm on, too.
Kat 5.2.
Not finished.
Not perfect.
Just continually learning, listening, adjusting, growing and choosing the next aligned step.
Ready to explore your own next 365?
If you've downloaded the Your Next 365: An Aligned Living Guide, don't let it sit on your computer.
Work through the questions.
Dream.
Reflect.
Write honestly.
And when you're finished, book a Discovery Call with me.
Bring your answers.
We'll talk through what you've discovered, what's calling for your attention, and where your next step might be.
You don't have to have it all figured out.
You just need to be willing to begin.
🌿 Your next chapter is yours to create.
Comments
Post a Comment